These guidelines cover all aspects of community interaction and moderation on the website, including forum posts and document uploads.
The website provides opportunities for members who wish to discuss or debate issues. Our aim is to ensure this platform is inclusive and safe.
Members’ user generated content is not pre-filtered, edited or moderated in any way prior to being visible on the website and in normal circumstances will remain visible permanently but in extreme or exceptional circumstances we may need to edit or delete some content. These guidelines explain when and why we might do so.
1. We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (against authors or other users), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated. The key to maintaining the website as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent discussion of topics.
2. We accept expressions of criticism, but will not allow misrepresentation of Skyshare or our officers to be published on our website. For the sake of robust debate, we will distinguish between genuine argument, which is always acceptable, and unacceptable smear tactics or dishonest misrepresentation. Accidental misrepresentations are an understandable fact of life so we won’t seek to remove content in such circumstances.
3. We understand that people often feel strongly about issues debated on the site, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
4. We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which descend into “flame-wars” based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations. We don’t want to stop people discussing topics they are enthusiastic about, but we do ask users to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel divisive, threatening or toxic to others.
5. We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. We recognise the difference between criticising a particular government, organisation, community or belief and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
6. We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
7. Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently than you intended. Remember that text isn’t always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice (sarcasm, humour and so on) doesn’t always come across when using words on a screen. You can help to keep the website open to all viewpoints by maintaining a reasonable tone, even in unreasonable circumstances.
8. The platform is ours, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want this to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, and we expect participants to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic, please report it. When we all take responsibility for maintaining an appropriate and constructive environment, the debate itself is improved and everyone benefits.
– If you act with maturity and consideration for other users, you should have no problems.
– Don’t be unpleasant. Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom and humour we know you possess.
– Take some responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Help make this an intelligent place for discussion and it will be.
Participants who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the community standards and participation guidelines or terms and conditions will have their posting privileges withdrawn.
This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create and maintain an online experience consistent with our shared values, and we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that.
We will, when necessary, remove user postings.
If a contribution to the website is perceived as breaching the community guidelines set out above, then it may, as a last resort, be removed.
Skyshare Website and Forum Terms and Conditions of Use
These are our terms and conditions for use of the Skyshare website and forum, which you may access via skyshare.eu and forum.skyshare.eu, through our IOS app or by other means in the future. In these terms and conditions, when we say the “website” we mean the digital information network operated by or on behalf of Skyshare Union, 6 Finns Villas, Luton, UK or any successor trade union which takes over the collective bargaining responsibility for employees of NetJets Europe, regardless of how you access the network. However you access the website, which includes the forum, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You may access areas of the website that require union/association membership by becoming a registered union/association member and creating an account with us. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and all activities that occur under your account.
By registering on the website, you agree that:
(i) your account and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access the website;
(ii) you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of the website; and
(iii) you will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware any unauthorised use of your password or account identifiers by others.
2. Termination of registration
If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate your union or association membership by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, or any future modification to these terms and conditions, you must cease using the website but you may continue to be a union or association member. Continued use of the website indicates your continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of the website immediately and without prior notice.
3. Use of material appearing on the website
Your use of the website is for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You may download and print extracts from the website for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided you maintain and abide by any author attribution, copyright or trademark notice or restriction in any material that you download or print. You may not use any content for any other purpose without our prior written approval. Except as expressly authorised by us, you are not allowed to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the website.
4. Disclaimer of liability
To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the website. Nothing in the website is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person. For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the content or any part of it. You can access other sites via links from the website. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents. We give no warranties of any kind concerning the website or its content. In particular, we do not warrant that the website or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
5. User content
Users of our site may be permitted to submit content for publication in various areas of the website including the forum threads and documents sections. Interactions with our site are governed by our Community Standards and Participation Guidelines, which are incorporated into these terms and conditions. You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines, and these terms and conditions, if you choose to post any content or comments to the website.
By submitting content, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty- free, fully transferable, perpetual licence to use, publish and/or transmit your content to members.
You acknowledge and agree that when you post content on the website or view content provided by others, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness, of that content. You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed by you and other users in that content do not necessarily reflect the views of Skyshare, and we do not support or endorse any user content. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre- screen, monitor, review, or edit any content posted by you and other users on the website.
We reserve the right to cut, crop, edit or refuse to publish your content at our sole discretion. We may remove your content from use at any time.
We accept no liability in respect of any content submitted by users and published by us.
You warrant that the content you submit to us is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or illegal. You warrant that the content you submit to us does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual. You agree not to (i) post content which is deliberately intended to upset or harm other users; (ii) use the website to post or otherwise transmit content that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, military status or disability; (iii) post or otherwise transmit any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the website or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iv) upload or otherwise transmit any content, or take any other actions with respect to your use of the website, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability; or (v) use the website for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the website may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Skyshare assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of content or other information submitted by you or others.
6. Data protection
7. Changes to these terms and conditions of use
Please note that we may change these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to do so without your consent. Any revised terms and conditions will be applicable at the time of posting on the website. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the website after it has been posted.
8. Governing law & jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10. No waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these terms of service shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of Skyshare.
11. Additional disclaimers
Visitors to the website agree that their use of the website is at their own sole risk. The website is provided “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied including but not limited to: (i) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, appropriateness, reliability, timeliness, or usefulness of the content; and (ii) any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Skyshare also makes no representations and warranties as to any linked sites and Skyshare has no liability or responsibility with respect to your use of such sites. In some instances, content made available on the website may represent the opinions and judgments of providers or users, such as user content. Skyshare does not endorse nor shall it be responsible or liable for the accuracy or reliability of any statement made on the website by anyone other than authorised Skyshare officers acting in such capacity.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injuries caused by the website, including, without limitation, those damages or injuries occurring as a result of: (i) any error, omission, deletion, or defect in the content available on the website; or (ii) any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of records, information or data, unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of records, information or data, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, or any other cause of action. Skyshare does not warrant or guarantee that access to the website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
12. Limitation of liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL SKYSHARE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS OFFICERS OR MEMBERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (“LOSS”) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION): (i) DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND OTHER PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE OR LOSS OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF USE OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, LOSS OF CAPITAL, DOWNTIME COSTS, LOSS UNDER OR IN RELATION TO ANY OTHER CONTRACT, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR BENEFITS; (ii) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS; OR (iii) ANY LOSS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE WEBSITE. THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION APPLIES EVEN IF SKYSHARE SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PARTICULAR KINDS OF LOSS, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SKYSHARE’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (THEREBY MINIMISING SKYSHARE’S LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS).